| from or outgoing mail server user account name such as email@example.com.
3. Populate the Password field and press the Enter key. Note: Asterisks will be displayed.
4. Populate the Mail subdirectory field with the outgoing mail (SMTP) server name such as mail.isp.net. (NOTE: If you are using an Exchange Server, you should populate the Mail Subdirectory fi eld with the Name or IP Address of the Exchange server machine such as “mail.company.com” or 18.104.22.168).
1. From the Event Definitions module, edit the desired event. Click on the event definition detail mail tab. Enter a Subject for this particular events mail message then enter a message about this event in the Message field.
2. Specify up to 5 GECS users or GECS User Mail Groups (group names must be preceded by an asterisk) to be notified of this particular event then save and exit the record
GECS USER RECORDS:
1. From the Users Folder, go to the desired GECS user record and click on the Mail tab.
2. Populate the Mail User or Address with the email account associated with this GECS User. Enter the name exactly as you would in the Mail system.
3. Enter an optional GECS mail Group Name.
TESTING YOUR EMAIL
1. From Event Defi nitions module - right click on the event that you configured to send email - click create event. This will cause the event to be generated and should send the email message.
2. Click on the Events folder and click on the All Events view - you should see an occurrence of this event.
3. Check your email.
IF YOU DID NOT GET EMAIL
1. Check your email filters to be sure your email is not automatically being thrown into your email trash bin.
2. Check your GECS Events folder to see if you have any SMTP error messages.